Sunday, February 19, 2012

Golfing in Suzhou

After a 8 hour battle with food poisoning I was able to get a good nights sleep and not cancel my teetime with my work counterparts at Suzhou.

I was a little weak but nothing some water and watermelon couldn't fix!

First we stopped at a little proshop before the course.  I got 6 golf balls (prov1), a golf glove (callaway) and a nike stocking cap.  Normally this would be about 60-70bucks.  Not in china!  15 bucks for everything!  What a deal

We headed off to the course with our supplies and checked in.  Started the warmup on the practice green and I took a few shots of the clubhouse.  Remember it is winter here right now so the grass is all dormant.


Then it was off to the course.  I was playing with taylormade r7 irons with graphite shafts that were at best ladies flex.  It made for quite the test of my golf swing.  Some good some bad.  I shot a 43 on the back in 37 degree weather after food poisoning so I will call that a success.

Here are some other shots of the course and our group.  Great day golfing with lots of good people.
KS, KT, Bruce and Me on the shrine next to the teebox.  Praying for a hole in one!

Bruce, KT and caddy posing while KS hits his teeshot

Bruce with our caddies

The whole group on 17tee.  Bruce birdied and I made par!  Good hole for Shakopee vs. Suzhou


No comments:

Post a Comment