Thursday, November 10, 2011

The winter training schedule

Round 2 of P90x just began.  Last time I tried this I had a huge success in building my strength and reducing my weight by ~10-15pounds.  This go is a little different for me.  My whole goal is to focus on form and muscle definition.  I also don't want to injure myself again.  The P90x program has lots and lots of pullups and pushups., I have weak elbows, not the best combo.  After what I just went through this year trying to get healthy running I now think that I understand how to listen to my body and adjust the pressure as needed to prevent injury.

I didn't do the photos last time but this time I think I will.  Lets see what happens!

Here is the schedule that I plan to follow for month1 :
Mon - Chest and Back in the morning.  Ab ribber in the evening
Tuesday - Rest Day or Yoga
Wed - Hockey in the morning
Thursday - Legs and Back in the morning.  Ab ribber in the evening
Friday - Shoulders and arms in the morning
Sat - Cycling at Lifetime with Kristi G or Strike in Plymouth or Yoga
Sunday - Light running and Heavy Leg lifting.

Here is the tricky part.  Trying to do a meal plan that looks like this.  I know in the end this is the best way to get results but damn I love to eat good tasting food rather than just healthy stuff all the time.


Now the fun part.  Why am I doing this again.
1.  Want to be healthy.  After my PR in the monster dash I have confidence that I can get the muscles I see on all the guys at lifetime.
2.  Want the strength to improve my golf game next year while maintaining flexibility.  Hence the Yoga!
3.  Improving my performance in Hockey.  Speed creates excitement on the ice and with the added strength I think I can try to get an invite to the friday league at our work!  Might take some extra sessions at the practice rink this winter too so the stick handling and footwork improve as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment