Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mission Accomplished

Sometimes in life you have to step back and just say wow this is freaking fantastic.  I have a lot of good around me right now and the last few days just hit me in the face with it!  My family is great.  Nic and I did a fun dinner with my parents and too way to many pineapple upside down cake shots! Then comes my friends.  How awesome is it to just hang out with a plate of nachos and watch football while chilling with your buds.  Beer + Football+ Nachos+ Buds has a special place in my heart.  (Notice I left off Vikings and just called it football)  Man they are terrible this year.  Stupid Packers.  Then comes health.  My 1st week of P90x went great.  I feel stronger than the last time I did it and yes I did take the pictures.  I will not be posting them but the personal satisfaction will be there when I finish this time.  I also did my first STRIKE class at Lifetime last weekend.  It is a modified boxing class with weights and aerobic workout.  Kicked my butt but motivated me to keep struglling so that that 5'4" 100 pould soaking weight teacher can't whip my ass so easy any more.  (did I mentioned she probably had about 3% body fat)
Now for a brief aside.  The title mission accomplished means one thing.  I got the job done.

"Now that I completed that race and know how to tape myself up appropriately I am going to run a 5k for work to try and raise money for the food shelf.  Goal is 7min miles flat and try to finish in the top 5.  No holding back this time so lets see what happens."

Above was my quote from a post a little while back.  The race came and went and I can't believe it.  I went out fast and the legs felt really good.  Finished with 6:52 average pace.  Didn't make the top 5 but there were 7 dudes that ran under 20mins so I don't feel disappointed about that one bit.  The other highlight of this race was that the company that I work for, Seagate US LLC, is donating 3000 dollars to the food shelf on the runners behalf.  It makes me feel great to know my company is supporting peoples needs and all I had to do was run a little race.



Finally, if you have noticed already I am quite chipper today, was work.  Things really came together today on my new assignment.  I am a design lead for a new product that is in development.  I completed my first technology update to customers in Britian and it went great.  Then I came home and found my 2nd patent plaque waiting for me on the doorstep.  It made me feel really good to know all the time and effort I put into schooling, working, listening, trying are paying off and I now have a good job because of it.

Patent #1 --> LINK

Patent #2(just got today) --> LINK


One other awesome aside and a shoutouts.  I am going to Ireland in March.  My best friend Luke is getting married next May and this is our bachelor trip for him.  We are going to sit down and rip through a bottle of Middleton to celebrate life and his new marriage.  I am so excited for him and Amy and they are so happy together. 


Now the shoutout.  Go Damon in Philly!  He is running his 3rd marathon and he is trying to break 3hours.  I know he will do it because we have a bet.  I told him that I would PR at the monster dash if he did.  Guess what it happened.  Then I told him I would PR at my 5k if he PR'd in Philly.  I did my part now he is going to do his.  (His Website LINK)

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment